Congrats! You’ve Signed Your Lease…Now What?
We’re here to help. Here is your Move In Checklist…
1) Opt In To Resident Services:
Why Opt In?? Because it’s FAST, EASY & CONVENIENT! By opting in to receive text messages from Uptown, you can;
- Pay Rent
- Check Account Balance
- Receive Info on Upcoming Community Events
- Receive Status Updates on Maintenance Orders
- Opt Out at any time – Zero Commitment
Sign up now through the Uptown’s Resident Services page! You can opt out at any time.
2) Check Your Email for Key Pick Up Times:
Moving in is exciting! Keys can be picked up after 2:00 pm at our office. We will email you to let you know what day you can pick up your keys (if before Aug. 15). If your apartment is ready early, we will email you to let you know. If your apartment is ready before 2:00 pm, we will contact you.
IMPORTANT: Your portion of the first month’s rent must be paid in order to receive keys. You can prepay your first rent installment for quicker key pick up – pay online through Resident Services.
3) Pay for Your Parking Space:
If you have prepaid for a parking pass, you will receive your parking permit on your move in date. We cannot give you a parking pass if you have not paid for it. We encourage all Residents to pay for parking early as we cannot guarantee that spots will be available at move in. You may pay for parking on your move in date if there are still spaces available for purchase. Please contact the office in advance to determine if parking is still available and complete the Parking Request form then submit your payment through Resident Services. A parking space, if available, will only be held once payment is received.
4) Purchase Renter’s Insurance:
Renter’s insurance is required as part of your lease agreement. You may be subject to fees each month that you do not have Renter’s insurance.
Each resident will need to provide proof of their own renter’s insurance prior to move in. You can upload your proof of insurance through Resident Services. Navigate to “Lease” then “Insurance”. If you do not have a renter’s insurance policy, our preferred insurance provider is Resident Shield. You can sign up ahead of time here – Resident Shield.
5) Forward Your Mail:
Make sure to contact the United States Postal Service to get your mail forwarded to your new address. You can do this on their website – USPS.
6) If Desired, Rent Your Furniture:
Do you need furniture for your new place? Check out CORT Furniture for furniture rental. They have lots of options and packages. They can also be reached at 513-777-6104.
7) Set Up Your Utilities:
- Electric/Gas: Prior to your move in date, you will need to contact Duke Energy to transfer gas/eclectic service into your name starting on the first day of your lease. You can do this online with Duke Energy or by calling 1-800-544-6900.
- Water (Single Family Homes Only): If you are responsible for water service (see your lease agreement), you will also need to contact Greater Cincinnati Water Works to transfer service into your name. Visit GCWW’s website for more info or call 513-591-7700.
- Cable/Internet: There are several cable and internet providers in the area. The most popular providers are Cincinnati Bell and Time Warner Cable. Our properties are all pre-wired, but you will need to set up install for a date after you pick up your keys. We cannot give you access to the apartment for install prior to your move in date. Here are links for Cincinnati Bell 513-397-9591 (Select Option 1) and Spectrum.
PLEASE NOTE that the following buildings are pre-wired for Cincinnati Bell only; Euclid Square, Vine Street Flats, Views on Vine, 65 West McMillan, VP3, 101 East Corry and Vine Street Flats. Other providers will not be able to provide service to you in these buildings.
Move In Reports V.S. Maintenance Requests
Move In Reports: Due within 2 weeks of moving in.
These reports are intended to document the current conditions of your apartment so we are aware when we evaluate your deposit at Move Out. If you see any scrapes, scuffs, or anything else, please note them in the Report. You can access this report through Uptown’s Resident Services page by clicking the GREEN home button on the left. You’ll see a link to the report under announcements. (Please do not note Maintenance Requests on this report)
Maintenance Requests: Submit as needed.
Notice something that needs to be repaired? You will then need to fill out a Maintenance Request in addition to your Move In Report! The link for this request is listed in the same spot in Resident Services underneath the Move In Report link under “Announcements”. Please note these are two separate reports.
Don’t forget to complete your Move In Report within 2 weeks of move-in! Log into Resident Services and click on Home.