Moving Out? Here’s what you need to know!
An inspection will be made of your apartment after all sets of keys have been returned. Your security deposit refund is based upon the move out inspection. Uptown Rental Properties will then process the information from the inspection and send your refund within 30 days of key return.
Please see the last section of this page for additional information on Security Deposits.
Cleaning Your Apartment
The apartment must be vacuumed and mopped. All appliances, cabinets, counter tops, sinks, tub(s), and toilet(s) must be emptied and cleaned. All trash and belongings must be removed from the property.
Stove/Oven/Microwave: Remove all cooking stains from range, drawer, burners, and microwave (if applicable). Make sure all racks are clean and remain intact.
Refrigerator: All food must be removed. The inside must be scrubbed. Do not unplug.
Carpet: Any carpeting must be professionally shampooed and a receipt presented. Self rented or home steam cleaners do not meet this requirement. If you prefer that we have it done, the charge will be deducted from your deposit. Charges will also be made for any damages – burns, stains, torn carpeting, etc.
Walls: We expect to put on one coat of paint. If any additional painting or repairs are necessary, you will be charged accordingly.
Storage Bin: If applicable, your storage bin must be emptied and the lock removed. Anything left will be discarded and you will be charged accordingly.
Move Out Checklist
1) Give Uptown 30 Days Notice When You Move:
A minimum 30 day written notice must be given by either the tenant or landlord prior to the end of the lease term. Submit your 30 day notice here.
2) Return Your Keys:
Keys are due in the office by noon on the last day of your lease agreement. You will be charged prorated rent until all keys are returned to the office.
3) Be Careful with Moving Trucks:
Please be aware of any height restrictions in garages. Unless your truck meets the height requirements, you cannot proceed into the garage. Damage will occur if you proceed and you will be responsible for providing us with your insurance information to cover any damages.
4) Turn Off Utilities:
- Water/Electric — It is your responsibility to contact Duke Energy and Greater Cincinnati Water Works (if you’re in a single family home) with your move out date. Service should not be “disconnected”. By providing your move out date and/or new address, the utilities will be transferred back into Uptown’s name, and you will receive a final bill.
- Cable/Internet — Is it also your responsibility to disconnect your cable/internet/phone service and return all applicable equipment (cable box, router, etc.) to your provider. Any equipment left in the apartment post move out will be discarded. Uptown Rentals will not reimburse you for left equipment.
5) Forward Your Mail:
You will need to contact the United States Postal Service to forward your mail prior to your move out date. We will not be able to give you access to your mailbox after you move out and we are also unable to retrieve any mail that is delivered to the mailbox after you move out.
Security Deposit Refunds:
Your security deposit will be refunded within 30 days of key return, in full, if all of the following terms have been met:
- The term of the lease has been fulfilled.
- At least 30 days written notice to vacate has been given (do so here)
- Your account, including your last month’s rent, has been paid in full.
- There are no damages to the apartment and the apartment and storage locker are clean and empty.
- All keys, including your mailbox key, and garage door/gate openers have been returned to the office by the last day of your lease.
More questions? Contact Us!